The ESCORT BTS Bullpup offers all the perks of the VTS series shotguns in a more compact, portable package. This next-generation shotgun is available in either 12 ga or .410 cal and is offered in either black or FDE Cerakote. Using the same gas-piston system as the other VTS shotguns, the BTS Bullpup is slender, with smaller dimensions, thus it is more agile to and at the shoulder. Great for close-quarter action.
The tough polymer lower receiver also doubles as the forend grip, with soft rubber inlays for improved handling. The synthetic barrel cover features Hatsan’s patented ThermoDefend technology that absorbs and dissipates heat while containing the gas operating system. A DuraDefend magazine well, lined with alloy, enhances the durability against extended use.
Recoil control is distributed between a soft rubber buttpad and a long recoil spring. The reversible charging handle offers the ability for ambidextrous operation. The soft rubber pistol grip is removable and can be exchanged for one of many currently available aftermarket options to suit the individual user. The one-piece carry handle sight can be replaced with the included flip-up sights for a lower profile or when using mounted optics. Picatinny rails are also located on either side of the forend to accommodate a variety of accessories.
The 12-gauge models feature an 18” barrel with removable chokes, including an extended cylinder bore choke brake that helps tame recoil with heavy shots or slugs. Also included are full and improved cylinder flush-mount chokes, with additional options available from HatsanUSA. Each gun ships with two 5-round magazines, but an optional 2-round magazine is also available. The gun is chambered to accept 2¾” and 3” shells and will cycle them interchangeably with no external adjustments required by the shooter.
The .410 models feature a 20” barrel with a fixed cylinder choke, suitable for both shots and slugs. This shotgun is one smooth operator, offering the same recoil-absorbing characteristics as the larger caliber models. The BTS ships with two 5-round magazines but there is also an optional low-capacity mag that holds three shells. The gas operation performs similarly, both standard and magnum loads cycle smoothly and reliably with no external adjustments required.
As with all ESCORT shotguns, the barrels are proof tested at the factory to ensure quality and durability. The hard chrome and/or Cerakote coatings look great and are built to withstand the harshest conditions.
BTS Series Features
- Modern sporting style, gas piston, bullpup semi-automatic shotgun
- 12 gauge or .410 caliber, 3″ magnum chamber
- SMART Valve Piston – self-regulating gas piston system cycles both 2 3/4″ and 3″ magnum rounds
- 18″ barrel (12 ga) or 20″ barrel (.410 cal) for shot or slugs
- Reversible charging handle for ambidextrous operation
- Multi-choke system (F, IC, CYL w/ brake) with BTS12
- Oxidation resistant chrome-plated steel barrel
- All barrels are proof-tested at the factory to ensure maximum durability
- Durable upper alloy receiver and a light-yet-durable synthetic lower receiver
- Shell deflector diverts spent shells downward
- All-weather, pistol grip, bullpup synthetic stock with ambidextrous design
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Durable alloy magazine well, allows for fast & easy magazine changes
- Includes 2 5-round magazines (3-round magazines available for BTS410 upon request)
- ThermoDefend® Technology – synthetic ergonomic forend grip
- Picatinny rails integrated into upper receiver and handguard
- Elevation adjustable cheek rest
- Soft rubber buttpad
- Detachable carry handle with adjustable rear sight
- Adjustable front sight
- Optional flip-up sights included
- Mounted sling loops
- Tough matte black or FDE Cerakote finish
- Manual safety selector switch
- 18” barrel for shot or slugs
- F, IC, and CYL (brake) chokes included
- 8” overall length
- 1 lbs.
- 20” fixed cylinder bore barrel for shot or slugs
- 7” overall length
- 7 lbs.